Ballet Wallpaper is something special for anyone interested in dance. Ballet is an artistic form of dance performed to music using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures. Top ballet performers practice excruciating long hours for many years to perfect their art. Classical ballet, which originated in Renaissance Italy and established its present form during the 19th century, is characterized by light, graceful, fluid movements.
You will find ballet dancers wearing two different types of shoes depending on the dance. They may wear either ballet shoes (slippers) or pointe shoes. One major difference between these two types of shoes is the fact that all ballet dancers, male or female wear ballet shoes when they dance. Pointe shoes however, are usually worn only by female dancers.
Whether you have downloaded any Ballet wallpapers or have watched a ballet on television or on film, really it is more exciting to go watch a live ballet performance in person. The Nutcracker, of course, is one its most famous ballets performed all across the world every year. The Nutcracker was first performed at the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, Russia, on 18 December 1892. Ivan Vsevolozhsky and Marius Petipa adapted Hoffmann’s story for the ballet. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky wrote the music. Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov designed the dances. To this day, young girls all across the world love watching and performing in the show. As these young dancers age, they aspire for the many different roles in The Nutcracker.
There are many more famous ballets that are performed each and every year across dance studios and companies throughout the world.
- Swan Lake – Composed by Tchaikovsky in 1875, this story was a flop in the very beginning. It combines two Russian folk stories into two acts.
- Giselle – This two-act ballet was premiered at the Salle Le Peletier in Paris on Monday, June 28, 1842. The version choreographed by Marius Petipa during the turn of the twentieth century is the one that is frequently revised today.
- Romeo and Juliet – The music and dance tell a tale of a young couple who are forbidden to love due to their families feuding. After falling in love, they attempt to escape the ever reaching hand of their parents. Of course, the end is the timeless suicide/suicide pact that is known the world around.
- The Sleeping Beauty – Also written by Tchaikovsky this one was first produced on January 15, 1890, and also choreographed by Marius Petipa. Everyone loves The Sleeping Beauty ballet, as it is one of the great classics.
- Don Quixote – This popular ballet consists of four acts and was based on the Miguel de Cervantes novel Don Quixote. A few years later the creators reworked the piece to extend the story. The final version consisting of five acts and eleven scenes was shown at the Imperial Bolshoi Kamenny Theatre in St. Petersburg in 1871. The edition that is typically produced today is the version directed by Alexander Gorsky in 1900.
- Cinderella – Composed by Sergei Prokofiev, this classic tale was first brought into the genre of ballet in the early 1940s. Since its first performance, this loved ballet has been moving dancers and choreographers to recreate the piece. We all love the beauty an elegance of Cinderella.
So, when you next visit your local ballet, I hope you are able to encapsulate and capture the beauty of the ballet you find in these ballet wallpapers you may have downloaded.